July 27, 2010

TO and Trust... Interesting

I ended the last post talking about trust, and if that is what you are here for, I will get there I promise I just have to get through a little bit before I get there.


The is for Erika...
Today the Cincinnati Bengals signed Terrell Owens to a 1-year contract worth $2 million dollars. My first impression was... I don't think I really had a first impression. For laziness sake, I'll refer to him as TO. For me, TO is like the person who you were best friends with but as the years go by, you just lose touch with them and they aren't even your friend anymore. I used to be a big San Francisco 49ers fan when Jerry Rice played. TO was opposite Rice and therefore I grew to like TO. He was a great football player. As the years went on, I grew to not like TO. He went from my friend, to an enemy of sorts. As an Eagle, he was a joke, and he was a joke in Dallas. In Buffalo, he didn't produce, but that can also be attributed to his team, or lack there of. I think TO has potential in Cincinnati. Their receiving core is overcrowded, which makes me question the move, but he can add something to the team. Am I happy he is in Cincinnati now? Ask me after the season and I'll let you know. Am I mad he is in Cincinnati now? See the answer above. Here is what I will say. In my opinion, TO needs to come in and work hard, and not be a fool. The Bengals already have a jokester on the team in Ochocinco. If TO comes in and accepts his role, and works hard, he should be able to survive in Cincy. From what I have heard, most Bengals fans are happy he is there, as for my reaction, ask me after the season.


Now for the trust part...

Trust is an unbelievable phenomena of sorts. I say phenomena because trust is visible everywhere you look and it really is unbelievable. When you drive, you have trust. You trust yourself to make the right decisions about when to turn and when to slow down. You trust the other people on the road to do the exact same thing. But trust is so much more than that. I don't know what the most important thing in a relationship is, but I know that trust is up there. For me, trust is a HUGE factor. Not necessarily trust in the sense of being able to trust a partner to be faithful, but for me, it's about confidentiality. Outside of family, only one person really knows everything about me. And even in that case, there is still more to know, and I don't know if that person will know EVERYTHING about me. But for me, trust is built. It isn't something that is given out. That one person, I have complete trust in that person. In this case, I have left myself vulnerable, but it's the trust that I have in that person that makes it okay.

I would even goes as far to say that the only people who will truly know everything about me are my best friend, and the girl I decide to marry. It's trust. Those two people have earned/ or will earn my complete trust. I know with my best friend that I can tell him anything, and yeah I may be judged, but I know that person isn't going to tell everyone. I would hope that I can find a girl who I can share the same thing with. It's a crazy thing, but at the same time it's pretty cool. I would encourage you to really think about trust, and then think about when someone tells you something. There is a reason that person is telling you that. Look at who that person is, and then look at who you are. Once you have done that, do something to reassure that person of the trust they have instilled in you. Thank them, kiss them, do whatever it is you do, just let them know you care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger